Boundary Training for Authorized Ministers
The sun, the sea, and the sand are each aware of their own boundary and that of the other. This is what allows for the creation of a beautiful sunset.
Facilitator: Rev. Dr. Diane Weible, Ordained Minister and Trained Facilitator
(former Conference Minister in Northern California Nevada Conference)
Six hours divided into two sessions, three hours each day, 9 a.m. to noon (pacific time). Participants must be fully present and participate in all sessions for credit. Topics covered:
- Power and vulnerability
- Social media
- Pastoral identity and vocation
- Self-care (burn-out, stress compassion, fatigue)
- Receiving gifts
- Boundaries and church conflict
- When a minister leaves/retires
- Ministers as church members/ministers in four-way covenants
- Cultural boundaries
Each topic will include a case study, which the group will discuss before breaking into small groups for discussion.